The shortest post on negative SEO you’ll ever actually read
I can prove that negative SEO exists without any fancy charts or data – just common sense.
1. Can regular SEO be performed? (Yes)
2. Can regular SEO be penalized? (Yes, when done poorly.)
3. Could I poorly do regular SEO for a competitor? (Yes: It’d be methodical, as though I was trying to rank them for real by using poor tactics.)
4. Could THAT be penalized? (Yes. Google won’t know or care who did it)
5. If penalized would that impact rankings? (Yes, making every site hit by penguin or a manual penalty a relevant case study on negative SEO)
Google doesn’t see “good guys” and “bad guys”. They see data and patterns.
Data don’t give a single solitary damn.
Thanks for your time, internet.